Slideshow

Troy Kirby

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Some changes a coming!

I decided to make Crunk a $0.99 ebook. My apologies to anyone who purchased at the $2.99 level, but I gave it a lot of thought and wanted to really promote my writing. Sometimes, as a marketing technique, you have to do things like this. Crunk as a $2.99 ebook was selling fair on amazon and not at all at smash words. Funny how specific websites sold better, and we'll see if this changes things.

I also increased the sample material on the smash words to 35 percent from 20 percent. I think this will allow more investment for anyone reading the characters and attempting to determine whether it is a good purchase or not.

All of this is in anticipation of the follow-up for Crunk. Which is off to my readers and the person who edits the ebook. I am now starting to think in terms of how to best design a cover and will be putting something up as soon as everything is complete. I'm really happy with this book, enough so that I don't want to give away the title until everything's publish. Because after that fact, then it's mine and no one can take it away from me.

I'm looking into the design of my next book. It will be crime, the same world as Crunk and its follow-up, but only with maybe a few mentions. I want to challenge myself to continue to design really good crime stories, not just continue on a storyline from book one to book seventeen.

Yes, I will be throwing up a few good short stories. Trying to develop one as we speak which may be longer than usual, but in the world of the internet and ebook reading, there is no such thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment