Slideshow

Troy Kirby

Friday, June 24, 2011

A writing sabbatical

A writing sabbatical was what I will call it...

Okay, so I've been away for a while. I was almost Munson'd, but I'm back now. It started with a few thoughts about where to take my writing, took longer than I imagined, and ended up being a colossal amount of time away from my blog. I apologize, but only because I did learn a few things about myself while away.

And I wasn't away, not really.

I started thinking about how to develop the follow-up to Crunk further. That makes a lot of sense, but it takes time and devotion. I didn't want to concern myself with what to write about in a blog format when I was so intense. Right now, the Crunk follow-up is in the hands of a few selected people to look it over. If all goes well, I look forward to releasing it in likely August or September. Not bad, when the average legacy printing book takes 18 months from THE END to PRINT.

So, I'm back and doing things. I've got a few short stories waiting to run. A longer one which looks like it may be a good full novel. And I'm really just writing. That's what you are supposed to do, right?

BTW - the NHL playoffs were a big part of my life. I would never have rioted in Vancouver, congratulated a friend who is a Bruins fan (and actually from Boston), and watched just about every game there was to see.

That being said, writing keeps going. I'm going to do a little more marketing of my works. I wanted to have a good little catalog of a novel and a few short stories before I went further. Now, everything appears set for the fun little beginning. Game on, as they say... Game on...

No comments:

Post a Comment