Slideshow

Troy Kirby

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Book series, random thoughts, hockey (of course)


I’m thinking about developing a book series.

Now, that statement can be taken one of two ways. Either the writer is developing a series because they have a good idea or they want to make money. Although the money making venture aspect does not dissuade me from writing a series, it is not the only reason that I would interested in developing one.

I have the belief that some characters just won’t die, won’t be stopped, and have to keep having adventures until your hands get numb from writing about them. Some characters talk more to me than others in a story. The character named Leroy in The Harvest wasn’t supposed to be around as long as he was, but he just kept coming back to mind every time I thought I was done with him.

In the series that I have sketched out will be about three or four books worth. Each with their own adventure, able to solve specific problems with new characters popping up right away. The difference will be that I will not publish any of the books until all three or four have been finished. That doesn’t mean first draft, that means last draft. In order to ensure continuity of plot, character, etc.

I’ve been a very hard person on myself when it comes to continuity issues. I don’t like finding out that I screwed a character six ways to Sunday twice. Doesn’t happen in the real world, no way that my world it would be any different.

So, that’s what I’m thinking about. Wondering about watching hockey tonight as the Bruins and Montreal look to beat each other into submission in Game 7. If Boston wins, I will do the Bruin Bear dance for the hockey playoffs.



Yes, I am still able to keep up my 5,000 word pace. This morning it was a lot easier than this afternoon, but I crossed the finish line (just didn’t run a 4-minute mile).

I am overlooking the submissions to Smashwords of The Harvest & The Repo Blues, as well as looking over some short stories which are getting ready for the eyes of my friends, with possible release dates in the near future.

All looks well from here on Walton Mountain. Another dispatch done... that is all...


No comments:

Post a Comment