Slideshow

Troy Kirby

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sleep, Muses and Ideas

Funny how some ideas come to me in my sleep. I had a friend show me a lot of ideas he had which came from his sleep, which reminded me more of the film Mulholland Drive than anything. That's because our dreams are mismashes of ideas, jumbled at such a rate that we only remember one or two of the periods within the dream.

I had a muse last night which gave me a huge idea. But that wasn't the point. The muse was an interesting person with a dynamic I can't explain, but the ideas were free-flowing. I probably have enough for a big story because of it. Luckily, muses don't have copyright protection on ideas they merely dance around.

Ideas: I keep them in note form. A lot of different ones on my IPod touch or various computer files. Sometimes it is a saying or some instance that I found humorous. I saw a man on Saturday night which I created a fiction for, and it really clicked with the story I was drafting at the time. I love when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment