Slideshow

Troy Kirby

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sluggish


I feel sluggish today and I have no attempt to account for it. One of those things which happens even when you are sure you received a good amount of sleep, but alas, you feel tired.

Caffeine doesn’t help. Neither does a good slap across the face (I’ve tried this before and it just hurts your jaw).

I started in one a component of a novella which may become a novel. It’s gotta good hook and its starting to grow on me. It’s about evil, the germination of it, the gestation of continual evil. And it’s angers me that I feel so sluggish that working through the second draft isn’t happening.

I will cross my 5,000 word finish line for the day. But barely, I am guessing.

Aw, the harsh mistress of writing. The muses comes, goes and sometimes vanquishes your hopes by laughing at your bleak performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment